Stop by the Ocean Pines Farmers Market this week for tasty treats, fresh produce and more! The market is open every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm in White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
It’s citrus season and the folks at Girdletree Gardens are offering a new lemon Amish friendship bread. Slice it and spread it with a smear of sweet cream butter for breakfast, enjoy it with a cup of hot tea or coffee for an afternoon treat or toast it lightly and top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle of honey for a sensational finish to your evening meal. Try this new bread or one of Girdletree Garden’s other tempting flavors.
Pureblend Teas offers a unique line of herbal teas and has a knowledgeable tea specialist to talk about it! This is Kelly’s first year at the market, and she loves connecting with new customers and talking about her products. The selection of teas includes flavors such as Candy Apple, Celtic Cream and the popular Organic Matcha and vegan raw hot cocoa mix.
The Bazaar is coming to the market. This new section will aim to provide shoppers with a variety of unique resale goods and collectible items including jewelry, collectible housewares, antiques, shabby chic furniture, sports memorabilia and more. For Bazaar vending information, contact Market Manager David Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-251-6383.
Artisans are invited to participate as vendors at this year’s market. The Ocean Pines Farmers Market is becoming a cultural centerpiece of the Eastern Shore community by embracing artisan market vendors. Shoppers now look for artisans selling jewelry, beading, metalwork, photography, paintings, leather goods, carved wood pieces, textiles and other products in addition to traditional farmers market offerings. For artisan vending information, contact Market Manager David Bean at email@example.com or 410-251-6383.
Fresh at Market
Produce: Micro greens, sprouts, Brussels sprouts, radishes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, red beets, golden beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, storage onions, garlic, hydroponic lettuces, cilantro, basil, parsley, kale, cooking greens, apples and pears
Meat from Great Expectations Farm:
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone and porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roasts, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link and rope sausage, patty sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, leg quarters and boneless, skinless breasts. Turkey: by special order
Eggs from Tyaskin Pasture Fresh Farm:
- Organic pasture-raised chicken eggs
Dairy From Seashell Sweets:
- Chesapeake Bay Farms milk, butter and cheese
Bread From Artisan Breads by Peter:
- Whole wheat with flax seed, raisin, cinnamon raisin, spinach feta, tomato basil, kalamata olive, cheesy onion, pepperoni and jalapeno, rosemary garlic and challah
Amish Friendship Breads by Girdletree Gardens:
- Vanilla, chocolate, vanilla and chocolate swirl, apple, strawberry, peach, raspberry chocolate chip, double chocolate banana, banana, blueberry, chocolate chip, strawberry and raspberry (some flavors available seasonally only)
Coffee and Teas by Pureblend Teas:
- Black teas (contain caffeine), white/green teas (low caffeine), herbal teas(caffeine-free)
- Blended teas – Autumn Glow, Alice in Wonderland, Candy Apple, Celtic Cream, Chamomile Dawn, Clean Green, Dark Chocolate Chai, Earl Grey Symphony, Egyptian Lime Hibiscus, Elderberry Apricot, Exotic Black, Ginger Anjou Pear, Ginger-Lime Rooibos, Ginger Peach, Jasmine Lavender, No-Caf Red Chai, Passion Fruit Green, Pumpkin Spice, Traditional Masala Chai, Raspberry Sangria, Valerian Sunset, White Peach Sangria
- Organic Matcha – Superior Grade Matcha, Matcha Chai
- Raw Cocoa Mix (Vegan) – Pure & Simple Raw Cocoa Mix, Double Chocolate Raw Cocoa Mix
- Ready-to-Brew Iced Teas – Apricot Honeybush, Blood Orange, Classic Black, Passion Fruit Green, Ginger Peach, Raspberry Sangria, White Peach Sangria
Gourmet Pantry Items by La Marche:
- Shenandoah Spice Company – Signature Blends (Asian Seasoning, Blackening Bayou Blend, Bread Dip, Carnitas Rub, chili Seasoning, Dill Yogurt Dip, Fresco Taco, Northern Greek Seasoning, Tex Mex), BBQ Blends, Pepper Steak Seasoning, Dry Rub, Island Jerk Seasoning, Rib Rub, Steak Seasoning, Wild Game Seasoning, Salt-Free, Herbs de Provence, Italian Seasoning, Kitchen Pepper, Massanutten Blend, Pickling Spice, Yellow Curry
- L’Acropoli di Puglia Martina Franca Olive Oil – First cold-pressed unfiltered extra-virgin directly imported from Puglia, Italy
- Vera Pasta – Lemon Penne, Chipotle Black Bean, Spicy Roasted Garlic, Sriracha Penne, Fusilli, Penne, Conchigle (shells), Gemelli
The Ocean Pines Farmers Market is seeking musicians to provide background music for our visitors as they shop the market. Musicians provide casual performances at randomly assigned locations through the market and can open up their cases for tips! If you are a musician who would like to share your music with others, please contact Market Manager David Bean at 410-251-6383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Uke of Earl” Charlie Flagiello will be playing at this week’s market.
Community Corner Tent
Reservations are now being taken for the Community Corner Tent for 2015. Civic groups, clubs or non-profit organizations are encouraged to hold a fundraiser, sign up new members or offer a demonstration to market visitors. For more information about how your organization can be featured, contact Market Manager David Bean at 410-251-6383 or email@example.com.