The Ocean Pines Farmers Market is brimming with items to make your holidays complete. Stop by this and every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm at White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
Fresh at Market
Produce: Brussels sprouts, radishes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, red beets, golden beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, storage onions, garlic, hydroponic lettuces, cilantro, basil, parsley, kale, cooking greens, apples and pears
Meat from Great Expectations Farm:
- Breakfast Boxes – Available during the month of December. The breakfast meat box includes one each of the following items: ham slice, scrapple, bacon, loose sausage and rope sausage for $25. The regular meat box includes one package of chops, one 2-3 pound roast, two packages of ground beef, one chip steak, two packages of chicken breasts and one whole bird for $60.
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone and porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roasts, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link and rope sausage, patty sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, leg quarters and boneless, skinless breasts. Turkey: by special order
Christmas Turkeys from Tyaskin Pasture Fresh Farm:
- Available on December 20. The turkeys have been raised free-range, fed a vegetarian diet and have not received antibiotics or hormones. They are also gluten- and preservative-free. Reserve your turkey with a deposit.
Dairy From Seashell Sweets:
- Chesapeake Bay Farms milk, butter and cheese
Bread From Artisan Breads by Peter:
- Whole wheat with flax seed, raisin, cinnamon raisin, spinach feta, tomato basil, kalamata olive, cheesy onion, pepperoni and jalapeno, rosemary garlic and challah
Amish Friendship Breads by Girdletree Gardens:
- Vanilla, chocolate, vanilla and chocolate swirl, apple, strawberry, peach, raspberry chocolate chip, double chocolate banana, banana, blueberry, chocolate chip, strawberry and raspberry (some flavors available seasonally only)
Coffee and Teas by Pureblend Teas:
- Black teas (contain caffeine), white/green teas (low caffeine), herbal teas(caffeine-free)
- Blended teas – Autumn Glow, Alice in Wonderland, Candy Apple, Celtic Cream, Chamomile Dawn, Clean Green, Dark Chocolate Chai, Earl Grey Symphony, Egyptian Lime Hibiscus, Elderberry Apricot, Exotic Black, Ginger Anjou Pear, Ginger-Lime Rooibos, Ginger Peach, Jasmine Lavender, No-Caf Red Chai, Passion Fruit Green, Pumpkin Spice, Traditional Masala Chai, Raspberry Sangria, Valerian Sunset, White Peach Sangria
- Organic Matcha – Superior Grade Matcha, Matcha Chai
- Raw Cocoa Mix (Vegan) – Pure & Simple Raw Cocoa Mix, Double Chocolate Raw Cocoa Mix
- Ready-to-Brew Iced Teas – Apricot Honeybush, Blood Orange, Classic Black, Passion Fruit Green, Ginger Peach, Raspberry Sangria, White Peach Sangria
Gourmet Pantry Items by La Marche:
- Shenandoah Spice Company – Signature Blends (Asian Seasoning, Blackening Bayou Blend, Bread Dip, Carnitas Rub, chili Seasoning, Dill Yogurt Dip, Fresco Taco, Northern Greek Seasoning, Tex Mex), BBQ Blends, Pepper Steak Seasoning, Dry Rub, Island Jerk Seasoning, Rib Rub, Steak Seasoning, Wild Game Seasoning, Salt-Free, Herbs de Provence, Italian Seasoning, Kitchen Pepper, Massanutten Blend, Pickling Spice, Yellow Curry
- L’Acropoli di Puglia Martina Franca Olive Oil – First cold-pressed unfiltered extra-virgin directly imported from Puglia, Italy
- Vera Pasta – Lemon Penne, Chipotle Black Bean, Spicy Roasted Garlic, Sriracha Penne, Fusilli, Penne, Conchigle (shells), Gemelli
- Habanera Farm is the newest member of the Ocean Pines Farmers Market family. The Tyaskin, Maryland farm grows herbs to create tasty teas and is the first licensed herbal tea processor and producer in the state. The farm has been growing and blending herbal teas since 2007 and uses a solar-powered herb dryer to produce them in an energy-efficient way.
- At the December 20 market, Tout de Suite Patisserie will be featuring fleur de sel caramel & chocolate tartlets, soft glazed gingerbread “tiles,” galettes made with Stag Run Farm apples and an all-butter crust and walnut maple shortbread cookies. Receive a free French macaroon with a $7 minimum purchase. One per guest, while supplies last.
- The Good Farm has opened the enrollment period of its 2015 CSA program, which allows you to choose your own food by shopping from the farm’s market stand. Only 50 shares are available for the coming season. To sign up, visit The Good Farm at the market or email email@example.com.
- Holiday wreaths from Hasting Farms are back at the market. The Hastings use fresh, naturally grown greens harvested from the woodlands of their Worcester County farms.
- Longridge Gardens is offering locally made tapered beeswax candles. These 100 percent beeswax candles are long burning and give off the natural aroma of honey when lit. Pair the candles with one of Terry’s seasonal floral arrangements.
- Thank you to everyone who donated to the Blankets of Warmth drive, which will continue throughout the month of December. Blankets may be dropped off at the information booth located inside the market’s main entrance.
The Ocean Pines Farmers Market is seeking musicians to provide background music for our visitors as they shop the market. Musicians provide casual performances at randomly assigned locations through the market and can open up their cases for tips! If you are a musician who would like to share your music with others, please contact Market Manager David Bean at 410-251-6383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Uke of Earl” Charlie Flagiello will be playing sounds of the holiday season at this week’s market.
Artists – The Ocean Pines Farmers Market is seeking applications from area artists. A variety of work is acceptable, including paintings, photography, wood creations, mixed media, ceramics, pottery, glass work, fiber creations and more. Full-season and drop-in openings are available.
Farmers Market Bazaar – The bazaar section of the Ocean Pines Farmers Market will return in March 2015! The bazaar aims to provide shoppers with a variety of unique resale and collectible items including jewelry, clothing, rugs, collectible housewares, antiques, furniture, sports memorabilia and more. Flexible space sizes are offered at no additional charge. Full-season and drop-in openings are available.
Artisan Baker – The Ocean Pines Farmers Market is seeking an artisan pie baker as a vendor. Professional and cottage industry bakers may apply.
Community Corner Tent
Reservations are now being taken for the Community Corner Tent for 2015. Civic groups, clubs or non-profit organizations are encouraged to hold a fundraiser, sign up new members or offer a demonstration to market visitors. For more information about how your organization can be featured, contact Market Manager David Bean at 410-251-6383 or email@example.com.