Christmas is in the air at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market. You’ll find items to decorate your home, the ingredients for a delicious holiday meal and great gift ideas. You’ll also have the chance to help others stay warm with the “Blankets of Warmth” blanket drive. The market is open every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm in White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
- Blankets of Warmth This drive, sponsored by the Ocean Pines Farmers Market and Holy Trinity Cathedral, will continue throughout December. Donated blankets will be given to the lonely, needy, elderly and children needing warmth this winter. Blankets may be dropped off at the Farmers Market information booth, located just inside the main entrance of the market.
- Feeding Santa’s Reindeer Children visiting the market on December 13 will receive a free package of Magic Reindeer Food from The Friends of the Ocean Pines Farmers Market. The all-natural reindeer food (also loved by birds and squirrels!) includes song birdseed, whole shelled peanuts, and instructions on preparing the food for the arrival of Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve. Available while supplies last.
Fresh at Market
Produce – Green beans, brussels sprouts, radishes, hothouse tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, red beets, golden beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, storage onions, garlic, hydroponic lettuces, cilantro, basil, parsley, kale, cooking greens, apples and pears
Meat From Great Expectations Farm:
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone and porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roasts, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link and rope sausage, patty sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, leg quarters and boneless, skinless breasts
Christmas Turkeys from Tyaskin Pasture Fresh Farm:
- Available on December 20. The turkeys have been raised free-range, fed a vegetarian diet and have not received antibiotics or hormones. They are also gluten- and preservative-free. Reserve your turkey with a deposit.
Dairy From Seashell Sweets:
- Chesapeake Bay Farms milk, butter and cheese
Bread From Artisan Breads by Peter:
- Whole wheat with flax seed, raisin, cinnamon raisin, spinach feta, tomato basil, kalamata olive, cheesy onion, pepperoni and jalapeno, rosemary garlic and challah
Amish Friendship Breads by Girdletree Gardens
- Vanilla, chocolate, vanilla and chocolate swirl, apple, strawberry, peach, raspberry chocolate chip, double chocolate banana, banana, blueberry, chocolate chip, strawberry and raspberry (some flavors available seasonally only)
Coffee and Teas by Pureblend Teas
- Black teas (contain caffeine), white/green teas (low caffeine), herbal teas(caffeine-free)
- Blended teas – Autumn Glow, Alice in Wonderland, Candy Apple, Celtic Cream, Chamomile Dawn, Clean Green, Dark Chocolate Chai, Earl Grey Symphony, Egyptian Lime Hibiscus, Elderberry Apricot, Exotic Black, Ginger Anjou Pear, Ginger-Lime Rooibos, Ginger Peach, Jasmine Lavender, No-Caf Red Chai, Passion Fruit Green, Pumpkin Spice, Traditional Masala Chai, Raspberry Sangria, Valerian Sunset, White Peach Sangria
- Organic Matcha – Superior Grade Matcha, Matcha Chai
- Raw Cocoa Mix (Vegan) – Pure & Simple Raw Cocoa Mix, Double Chocolate Raw Cocoa Mix
- Ready-to-Brew Iced Teas – Apricot Honeybush, Blood Orange, Classic Black, Passion Fruit Green, Ginger Peach, Raspberry Sangria, White Peach Sangria
Gourmet Pantry Items by La Marche:
- Shenandoah Spice Company – Signature Blends (Asian Seasoning, Blackening Bayou Blend, Bread Dip, Carnitas Rub, chili Seasoning, Dill Yogurt Dip, Fresco Taco, Northern Greek Seasoning, Tex Mex), BBQ Blends, Pepper Steak Seasoning, Dry Rub, Island Jerk Seasoning, Rib Rub, Steak Seasoning, Wild Game Seasoning, Salt-Free, Herbs de Provence, Italian Seasoning, Kitchen Pepper, Massanutten Blend, Pickling Spice, Yellow Curry
- L’Acropoli di Puglia Martina Franca Olive Oil – First cold-pressed unfiltered extra-virgin directly imported from Puglia, Italy
- Welcome new vendor Naturally Wire Wrapped Jewelry. You’ll find a selection of gemstone sculptures and artisan-crafted wire-wrapped jewelry with healing crystals and gemstones.
- La Marche Gifts and Gourmet offers unique gifts for the home and culinary accents for the pantry. Choose from Shenandoah spices, L-Acropoli di Puglia Martina Franca Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or an aged balsamic vinegar. You’ll also find fragrant Keystone Candles.
- Holiday wreaths from Hasting Farms are back at the market. The Hastings use fresh, naturally grown greens harvested from the woodlands of their Worcester County farms.
- Longridge Gardens is offering locally made tapered beeswax candles. These 100 percent beeswax candles are long burning and give off the natural aroma of honey when lit. Pair the candles with one of Terry’s seasonal floral arrangements.
- The ladies of Stag Run Farm have been making hand-knit baby blankets with crocheted edges. These sweet blankets are perfect for snuggling with little ones and keeping them cozy.
- Uncle Jon’s has locally crafted items for men, from soaps to surf and skate.