Kick off the holiday season at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market’s special Holiday Home Market this Saturday. You’ll find fresh greenery, produce, gift ideas and more. You’ll also have the chance to help others stay warm with the “Blankets of Warmth” blanket drive. The market is open every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm in White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
- Blankets of Warmth Join the Ocean Pines Farmers Market and Holy Trinity Cathedral for a Blanket Drive on November 29. Donated blankets will be given to the lonely, needy, elderly and children needing warmth this winter. Blankets may be dropped off at the Farmers Market information booth, located just inside the main entrance of the market.
- Holiday Home Market Begin your holiday decorating with our artisan crafters, merchants and farmers. On November 29, the market will be filled with fresh greens, wreaths, swags and garlands to deck the halls. Turn your Turkey Day leftovers into something fresh with the addition of the season’s best produce and begin your holiday shopping with our local vendors. We’re your source for the holidays!
- Feeding Santa’s Reindeer Children visiting the market on December 13 will receive a free package of Magic Reindeer Food from The Friends of the Ocean Pines Farmers Market. The all-natural reindeer food (also loved by birds and squirrels!) includes song birdseed, whole shelled peanuts, and instructions on preparing the food for the arrival of Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve. Available while supplies last.
- Welcome La Marche Gifts and Gourmet to the market. La Marche, French for “market,” offers unique gifts for the home and culinary accents for the pantry.
- Longridge Garden’s market boutique will be brimming with inviting holiday greenery. Terry will have everything you need to bring the sights and smells of the season into your home.
- The ladies of Stag Run Farm have been making hand-knit baby blankets with crocheted edges. These sweet blankets are perfect for snuggling with little ones and keeping them cozy.
- Hasting Farms will be back at the market on November 29 with beautiful holiday wreaths. The Hastings use fresh, naturally grown greens harvested from the woodlands of their Worcester County farm.
Fresh at Market This week’s market will feature:
- Produce – Green beans, radishes, green tomatoes, hothouse tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, red beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, storage onions, garlic, hydroponic lettuces, kale, cooking greens, apples and pears
- Meat from Great Expectations Farm –
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone & porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roast, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link, patty & rope sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, boneless, skinless breasts, leg quarters
- Dairy From Seashell Sweets – Chesapeake Bay Farms milk, butter and cheese
- Bread From Artisan Breads by Peter – Whole wheat with flax seed, raisin, cinnamon raisin, spinach feta, tomato basil, kalamata olive, cheesy onion, pepperoni and jalapeno, rosemary garlic and challah
- Amish Friendship Breads by Girdletree Gardens – Vanilla, chocolate, vanilla and chocolate swirl, apple, strawberry, peach, raspberry chocolate chip, double chocolate banana, banana, blueberry, chocolate chip, strawberry and raspberry (some flavors available seasonally only)
- Coffee and Teas by Pureblend Teas
- Black teas (contain caffeine), white/green teas (low caffeine), herbal teas(caffeine-free)
- Blended teas – Autumn Glow, Alice in Wonderland, Candy Apple, Celtic Cream, Chamomile Dawn, Clean Green, Dark Chocolate Chai, Earl Grey Symphony, Egyptian Lime Hibiscus, Elderberry Apricot, Exotic Black, Ginger Anjou Pear, Ginger-Lime Rooibos, Ginger Peach, Jasmine Lavender, No-Caf Red Chai, Passion Fruit Green, Pumpkin Spice, Traditional Masala Chai, Raspberry Sangria, Valerian Sunset, White Peach Sangria
- Organic Matcha – Superior Grade Matcha, Matcha Chai
- Raw Cocoa Mix (Vegan) – Pure & Simple Raw Cocoa Mix, Double Chocolate Raw Cocoa Mix
- Ready-to-Brew Iced Teas – Apricot Honeybush, Blood Orange, Classic Black, Passion Fruit Green, Ginger Peach, Raspberry Sangria, White Peach Sangria
Kids Market Zone We’ve had so much fun in the Kids Market Zone this fall. We will be taking a short break over the winter, but look for the return of Ms. Vicki and the Crafting Crew from Holy Trinity Cathedral in the spring!