Prepare for the upcoming holiday at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market’s special Thanksgiving Market this Saturday. You’ll find the ingredients for a wonderful meal, home decor items, and more. The market is open every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm in White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
Farmers Market Christmas Tree We’re unwrapping a new holiday tradition this year with the first Ocean Pines Farmers Market Christmas tree. The tree will be decorated with edible ornaments as a way to share the holiday spirit with the birds and wildlife in White Horse Park. Everyone is invited to stop by, make a simple ornament and then hang it on the tree on November 22. Ocean Pines Farmers Market volunteers will have a decorating table set up with all of the supplies needed. The tree will be a part of the Hometown Christmas & Tree Lighting Ceremony that will take place on Saturday, November 29 at 6:30 pm in White Horse Park.
- Rockwood Soy Candle Company will return to the market on November 22. Rockwood soy candles are made from 100 percent soy wax and last much longer than paraffin candles. They will be fully stocked and ready to help find the perfect handmade gifts for the holiday season.
- Longridge Garden’s market boutique will be brimming with inviting holiday greenery. Terry will have everything you need to bring the sights and smells of the season into your home.
- The ladies of Stag Run Farm have been making hand-knit baby blankets with crocheted edges. These sweet blankets are perfect for snuggling with little ones and keeping them cozy!
- Eastern Shore Upcycle is back at the market. This fun vendor takes recycled materials and turns them into chic items for the home. Check out their interesting liquor bottle lamps and vinyl album bowls. Both would be great items for a special someone on your gift lift.
- Hasting Farms will be back at the market on November 29 with beautiful holiday wreaths. The Hastings use fresh, naturally grown greens harvested from the woodlands of their Worcester County farm.
Fresh at Market This week’s market will feature:
- Produce – Green beans, radishes, green tomatoes, hothouse tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, red beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, storage onions, garlic, hydroponic lettuces, kale, cooking greens, apples and pears
- Meat from Great Expectations Farm –
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone & porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roast, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link, patty & rope sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, boneless, skinless breasts, leg quarters. Thanksgiving turkey (by special order)
- Turkeys From Tyaskin Pasture Fresh Farm – Turkeys will be available on November 22. The turkeys have been raised free-range, fed a vegetarian diet and have not received antibiotics or hormones. They are also gluten- and preservative-free. No special orders, please.
- Dairy From Seashell Sweets – Chesapeake Bay Farms milk, butter and cheese
- Bread From Artisan Breads by Peter – Whole wheat with flax seed, raisin, cinnamon raisin, spinach feta, tomato basil, kalamata olive, cheesy onion, pepperoni and jalapeno, rosemary garlic and challah
- Amish Friendship Breads by Girdletree Gardens – Vanilla, chocolate, vanilla and chocolate swirl, apple, strawberry, peach, raspberry chocolate chip, double chocolate banana, banana, blueberry, chocolate chip, strawberry and raspberry (some flavors available seasonally only)
- Blankets of Warmth Join the Ocean Pines Farmers Market and Holy Trinity Cathedral for a Blanket Drive on November 29. Donated blankets will be given to the lonely, needy, elderly and children needing warmth this winter. Blankets may be dropped off in advance of the collection day at the Farmers Market information booth, located just inside the main entrance of the market.
- Holiday Home Market Begin your holiday decorating with our artisan crafters, merchants and farmers. On November 29, the market will be filled with fresh greens, wreaths, swags and garlands to deck the halls. Turn your Turkey Day leftovers into something fresh with the addition of the season’s best produce and begin your holiday shopping with our local vendors. We’re your source for the holidays!
- Feeding Santa’s Reindeer Children visiting the market on December 13 will receive a free package of Magic Reindeer Food from The Friends of the Ocean Pines Farmers Market. The all-natural reindeer food (also loved by birds and squirrels!) includes song birdseed, whole shelled peanuts, and instructions on preparing the food for the arrival of Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve. Available while supplies last.
Market Music Jukebox Jonathan will be spinning the tunes on November 22. Come dance on the market midway to the sounds of today!
Kids Market Zone We’ve had so much fun in the Kids Market Zone this fall. We will be taking a short break over the winter, but look for the return of Ms. Vicki and the Crafting Crew from Holy Trinity Cathedral in the spring!