The Ocean Pines Farmers is the place to start your holiday preparations! You’ll find the ingredients for a wonderful meal, home decor items, gift ideas and more. The market is open this and every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm in White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
- Thank God It’s Gluten Free has options for those following a gluten-free diet. Stuff your market basket with their mixes for baking, bread making and chocolate chip cookies. And for the dressing, pick up a pack of organic herb stuffing cubes. Don’t have time to bake? You can shop from their premade baked goods for your Thanksgiving celebration.
- On November 15, Seashell Sweets will be selling the last of their ice cream for the season and shutting down the big freezer in their retro trailer to get get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Come stock up on ice cream for your holiday with friends and family. Prepackaged and gourmet half gallons will all be half-price or better!
- Coconut Gypsy Apothecary has a new home at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market! This artisan vendor creates all-natural and organic home and bath & body products with vegan preparations using herbs from her home gardens. Shop for cleansers, lotions, oils, melts, potpourri and herbal pillows.
- Welcome Longridge Gardens to the market! Floral artisan Terry Jordan creates arrangements using floral materials grown on her Parsonsburg, Maryland homestead. Terry will be offering beautiful dried arrangements, wreaths and more.
- Eastern Shore Upcycle joins the Ocean Pines Farmers Market family. This team of artisan crafters creates fun and unique products from items most people toss. You’ll find table lamps made from recycled bottles, bowls and trays made from vinyl albums, crab and seashell ornaments and hand-painted mason jar glasses.
- Keystone Candles will join the market on November 15. Keystone Candle’s generously sized jar candles are hand-poured using paraffin, soy and palm waxes and are scented with high-quality oils. Some of the scents available are Maple Sticky Bun, Spiced Pumpkin, Apple Cinnamon, Cinnamon Balsam, Bayberry, Balsam Fir, Holiday Wreath, Sugar Cookie, Lilac and Ocean Breeze.
- Best Friend Collars returns to the market on November 15. Robyn Baker creates her dog collars and leashes right here in Worcester County. Many designs and collar sizes are available.
Fresh at Market – This week’s market will feature:
- Produce – Green beans, radishes, green tomatoes, hothouse tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, red beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, storage onions, garlic, hydroponic lettuces, kale, cooking greens, apples and pears
- Meat from Great Expectations Farm –
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone & porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roast, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link, patty & rope sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, boneless, skinless breasts, leg quarters. Thanksgiving turkey (by special order)
- Dairy from Seashell Sweets – Chesapeake Bay Farms milk, butter, cheese and ice cream
- Turkeys From Tyaskin Pasture Fresh Farm – Turkeys will be available on November 22. The turkeys have been raised free-range, fed a vegetarian diet and have not received antibiotics or hormones. They are also gluten- and preservative-free. No special orders, please.
- Bread From Artisan Breads by Peter – Whole wheat with flax seed, raisin, cinnamon raisin, spinach feta, tomato basil, kalamata olive, cheesy onion, pepperoni and jalapeno, rosemary garlic and challah
Kids Market Zone – It’s autumn crafting fun in this week’s Kids Market Zone. We’re going to the birds with a fun project to teach children to appreciate the wildlife right in their very own backyards. Ms. Vicki and her creative crafting crew will be making pine cone bird feeders beginning at 9 am. Kids Market Zone activities are open to all children between the ages of 3 to 14 and are hosted by Holy Trinity Cathedral. A small donation is suggested but not required.
Thanksgiving Market – Satisfy all of your Thanksgiving feast needs at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market Thanksgiving market on November 22. Visit all of the market vendors, including some of your favorites from the spring and summer season who will be making a appearance for this special event.
Holiday Home Market – Begin your holiday decorating with our artisan crafters, merchants and farmers. On November 29, the market will be filled with fresh greens, wreaths, swags and garlands to deck the halls. Turn your Turkey Day leftovers into something fresh with the addition of the season’s best produce and begin your holiday shopping with our local vendors. We’re your source for the holidays!
Market Music – “Uke of Earl” Charlie Flagiello will be performing.