Make your Thanksgiving Day preparations at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market! You’ll find fresh meats, breads, desserts, drinks and more! The market is open this and every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm in White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
Early-Bird Customer Appreciation Day – Our market vendors would like to say “thank you” to their loyal customers and friends. Shop between the hours of 8 am and 10 am this Saturday, November 8, to receive customer appreciation specials. Stop by your favorite vendors to see what specials they will be offering!
Veggie Valet Arrives at Market – Have you been struggling at the market with armloads of packages and veggies? Making several trips to your car? Now the Ocean Pines Farmers Market is offering Veggie Valet wagons! There’s no charge to use the Veggie Valet wagons – just stop by the information booth located just inside the main entrance of the market.
Vendor News – Be sure to visit Seaside Sweets this week. Ocean City artisan baker Katelyn Kirby will be offering her freshly baked seasonal delights – cupcakes are her specialty! And on November 15, Keystone Candles will join the market. Keystone Candles’ generously sized jar candles are hand-poured using paraffin, soy and palm waxes and scented with high-quality oils. Scents include Maple Sticky Bun, Spiced Pumpkin, Apple Cinnamon and more. Eating gluten-free? Thank God It’s Gluten Free has options for you. Stuff your market basket with their mixes for baking, bread making and chocolate chip cookies. And for the dressing, pick up a pack of organic herb stuffing cubes. Don’t have time to bake? You can shop from their premade baked goods for your Thanksgiving celebration. And wrap up your market shopping with a cup of apple cider from Seashell Sweets. The blend of apple cider and spices is the best we’ve ever had. It’s available for purchase in a small and large size. Hot chocolate, fresh-brewed coffee and teas are also available. Enrich your Ocean Pines Farmers Market experience with a Seashell Sweets warming beverage!
Fresh at Market – This week’s market will feature:
- Produce – Green beans, radishes, green tomatoes, hothouse tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, red beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, storage onions, garlic, hydroponic lettuces, kale, cooking greens, apples and pears
- Meat from Great Expectations Farm –
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone & porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef Liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roast, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link, patty & rope sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, boneless, skinless breasts, leg quarters. Thanksgiving turkey (by special order)
- Dairy from Seashell Sweets – Chesapeake Bay Farms milk, butter, cheese and ice cream
- Turkeys From Tyaskin Pasture Fresh Farm – Turkeys will be available on November 22. The turkeys have been raised free-range, fed a vegetarian diet and have not received antibiotics or hormones. They are also gluten- and preservative-free. No special orders, please.
- Bread From Artisan Breads by Peter – Whole wheat with flax seed, raisin, cinnamon raisin, spinach feta, tomato basil, kalamata olive, cheesy onion, pepperoni and jalapeno, rosemary garlic and challah
Kids Market Zone – It’s autumn crafting fun in this week’s Kids Market Zone . We’re going to the birds with a fun project to teach children the appreciation of wildlife right in their very own backyard. Ms. Vicki and her creative crafting crew will be making pine cone bird feeders beginning at 9 am. Kids Market Zone activities are open to all children between the ages of 3 to 14 and are hosted by Holy Trinity Cathedral. A small donation is suggested but not required.
Thanksgiving Market – Satisfy all of your Thanksgiving feast needs at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market Thanksgiving market on November 22. Visit all of the market vendors, including some of your favorites from the spring and summer season who will be making a appearance for this special event.
Holiday Home Market – Begin your holiday decorating with our artisan crafters, merchants and farmers. On November 29, the market will be filled with fresh greens, wreaths, swags and garlands to deck the halls. Turn your Turkey Day leftovers into something fresh with the addition of the season’s best produce and begin your holiday shopping with our local vendors. We’re your source for the holidays!
Community Corner Tent – This Saturday the Worcester Beach Bots Robotics team will be under our Community Corner Tent. The group is holding a large multi-family yard sale to raise much-needed funds so the group can travel to Florida in the spring of 2015 for an upcoming event. The team consists of students from Stephen Decatur, Snow Hill, Pocomoke, and Worcester Technical high schools who work together to design and build robots for FIRST regional and state competitions. FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is a robotics program that inspires young people to be science and technology leaders. This global program offers over $16 million in college scholarships and also fosters self-confidence, communication and leadership. For more information on how your organization can be featured, email email@example.com or call 410-641-7717 ext. 3006.
Market Music – “Uke of Earl” Charlie Flagiello will be performing.