Celebrate the opening day of the fall and winter Ocean Pines Farmers Market season! Meet new vendors and greet returning favorites, bring the kids for a special craft, listen to live music and more. The market is open this and every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm in White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
Veggie Valet Arrives at Market – Have you been struggling at the market with armloads of packages and veggies? Making several trips to your car? Now the Ocean Pines Farmers Market is offering Veggie Valet wagons! There’s no charge to use the Veggie Valet wagons – just stop by the information booth located just inside the main entrance of the market.
Winter Tomatoes – Winter tomatoes are growing at Gray’s Farms. This fall, farmer Steve Gray has been planting high tunnels with tomatoes. With the cooperation of Mother Nature and a little luck, Steve will be able to bring his tomatoes to market this winter. Steve hopes we can all enjoy a Delmarva BLT on a cold January day!
Vendor News – This week visiting vendor Flower Farm on Silva – located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore – will be offering a dozen types of daffodil bulbs and unique hand-crafted items including feed bag totes and pool ball wire spiders. Also welcome Pureblend Teas, Best Friend Collars and Girldetree Gardens to market this week. Pureblend Teas, founded in West Chester, Pennsylvania, features teas and herbs purchased from USDA Organic- and Fair Trade-certified vendors. Best Friend Collars owner Robyn Baker creates handmade collars and leashes in several designs and sizes right here in Worcester County. And Noel and Janine Dufrene of Girdletree Gardens are Worcester County bakers who specialize in Amish friendship breads, including crowd-favorite banana. They will be at the market every week during the fall and winter season. Be sure to visit Seaside Sweets on November 8. Ocean City artisan baker Katelyn Kirby will be offering her freshly baked seasonal delights – cupcakes are her specialty! And on November 15, Keystone Candles will join the market. Keystone Candles’ generously sized jar candles are hand-poured using paraffin, soy and palm waxes and scented with high-quality oils. Scents include Maple Sticky Bun, Spiced Pumpkin, Apple Cinnamon and more.
Fresh at Market – This week’s market will feature:
- Produce – Lima beans, cabbage, , broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, green beans, red beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, storage onions,garlic, kale, hydroponic lettuces, cooking greens, apples and pears
- Meat from Great Expectations Farm –
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone & porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef Liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roast, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link, patty & rope sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, boneless, skinless breasts, leg quarters. Thanksgiving turkey (by special order)
- Dairy from Seashell Sweets – Chesapeake Bay Farms milk, butter, cheese and ice cream
- Turkeys From Tyaskin Pasture Fresh Farm – Turkeys will be available on November 22. The turkeys have been raised free-range, fed a vegetarian diet and have not received antibiotics or hormones. They are also gluten- and preservative-free. No special orders, please.
Kids Market Zone – It’s autumn crafting fun in this week’s Kids Market Zone . We’re going to the birds with a fun project to teach children the appreciation of wildlife right in their very own backyard. Ms. Vicki and her creative crafting crew will be making pine cone bird feeders beginning at 9 am. Kids Market Zone activities are open to all children between the ages of 3 to 14 and are hosted by Holy Trinity Cathedral. A small donation is suggested but not required.
Early-Bird Customer Appreciation Day – Our market vendors would like to say “thank you” to their loyal customers and friends. Shop between the hours of 8 am and 10 am on November 8 to receive customer appreciation specials. Stop by your favorite vendors to see what specials they will be offering!
Thanksgiving Market – Satisfy all of your Thanksgiving feast needs at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market Thanksgiving market on November 22. Visit all of the market vendors, including some of your favorites from the spring and summer season who will be making a appearance for this special event.
Holiday Home Market – Begin your holiday decorating with our artisan crafters, merchants and farmers. On November 29, the market will be filled with fresh greens, wreaths, swags and garlands to deck the halls. Turn your Turkey Day leftovers into something fresh with the addition of the season’s best produce and begin your holiday shopping with our local vendors. We’re your source for the holidays!
Community Corner Tent – Now your civic group, club or non-profit organization can be featured under our Farmers Market Community Corner Tent. Hold a fundraiser, sign up new members or offer a demonstration to market visitors. For more information on how your organization can be featured, email us at email@example.com or call 410-641-7717 ext. 3006.
Market Music – “Uke of Earl” Charlie Flagiello will be performing.