This week’s Ocean Pines Farmers Market has something for everyone – crafting with the kids, fresh offerings from our vendors, music and more! The market is open from 8 am to 1 pm every Saturday at White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
Vendor News – This week visiting vendor Flower Farm on Silva – located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore – will be offering a dozen types of daffodil bulbs and unique hand-crafted items including feed bag totes and pool ball wire spiders. Flower Farm on Silva will be at the market on November 1 as well. Also on November 1, welcome Pureblend Teas to market! This small business, founded in West Chester, Pennsylvania, features teas and herbs purchased from USDA Organic- and Fair Trade-certified vendors. Another visiting vendor, Seaside Sweets, will be at the market on November 8. Ocean City artisan baker Katelyn Kirby will be offering her freshly baked seasonal delights – cupcakes are her specialty!
Fresh at Market – This week’s market will feature:
- Produce – Lima beans, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, green beans, red beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, storage onions, garlic, kale, hydroponic lettuces, cooking greens, apples and pears
- Meat from Great Expectations Farm –
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone & porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef Liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roast, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link, patty & rope sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, boneless, skinless breasts, leg quarters
- Dairy from Seashell Sweets – Chesapeake Bay Farms milk, butter, cheese and ice cream
Kids Market Zone – It’s autumn crafting fun in this week’s Kids Market Zone . Ms. Vicki and her pumpkin patch assistants will be crafting between 9 am to 12 noon. Each child will choose a craft to complete and then take the finished project home. On November 1, we’re going to the birds with a fun project to teach children the appreciation of wildlife right in their very own backyard. Ms. Vicki and her creative crafting crew will be making pine cone bird feeders beginning at 9 am. Kids Market Zone activities are open to all children between the ages of 3 to 14 and are hosted by Holy Trinity Cathedral. A small donation is suggested but not required.
Opening Day of the Fall & Winter Farmers Market Season – On November 1, join us as we kick off the fall & winter farmers market season. Greet our new vendors, bring the children to the Kids Market Zone to make a pine cone bird feeder, enjoy live music and shop for vendor specials to celebrate this special market day.
Early-Bird Customer Appreciation Day – Our market vendors would like to say “thank you” to their loyal customers and friends. Shop between the hours of 8 am and 10 am on November 8 to receive customer appreciation specials. Stop by your favorite vendors to see what specials they will be offering!
Thanksgiving Market – Satisfy all of your Thanksgiving feast needs at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market Thanksgiving market on November 22. Visit all of the market vendors, including some of your favorites from the spring and summer season who will be making a appearance for this special event.
Community Corner Tent – Now your civic group, club or non-profit organization can be featured under our Farmers Market Community Corner Tent. Hold a fundraiser, sign up new members or offer a demonstration to market visitors. For more information on how your organization can be featured, email us at email@example.com or call 410-641-7717 ext. 3006.
Market Music – “Uke of Earl” Charlie Flagiello will be performing.