Stop by the Ocean Pines Farmers Market this week and shop the selection of fall produce, fresh meat, baked goods, special treats and more! This week’s market will also feature a craft for the kids and live music. The market is open from 8 am to 1 pm every Saturday at White Horse Park. Click here to learn more about the Ocean Pines Farmers Market, including participating vendors.
Vendor News – On Oct. 18, Stag Run Farm, an apple orchard in Georgetown, Del., will be visiting the market. Their fall varieties include Pacific Gala, Fuji, Macintosh, Royal Empire, Red Rome and Granny Smith. On Oct. 25 and Nov. 1, visiting vendor Flower Farm on Silva – located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore – will be offering a dozen types of daffodil bulbs and unique hand-crafted items including feed bag totes and pool ball wire spiders. Another visiting vendor, Seaside Sweets, will be at the market on Nov. 8. Ocean City artisan baker Katelyn Kirby will be offering her freshly baked seasonal delights – cupcakes are her specialty!
Fresh at Market – This week’s market will feature:
- Produce – Lima beans, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, Hayman white sweet potatoes, green beans, red beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots, hydroponic lettuces, cooking greens, apples and pears
- Fall Décor – Mums, flowering cabbage, flowering kale, ornamental peppers, Indian corn, gourds and pumpkins of every size and shape
Great Expectations Farm will have the following items available at this week’s market:
- Beef – Ground beef, beef patties, Delmonico or rib eye steaks, minute or chip steaks, T-bone & porterhouse steaks, beef brisket, sirloin steaks, stew meat, New York strip, beef bones, beef ribs, beef Liver, chuck & arm roasts, eye round roast, top & bottom round, London broil roasts
- Pork – Shoulder roasts, picnic roast, bacon, chops, boneless chops, Canadian bacon, loose sausage (regular & maple), all-link, patty & rope sausage, smoked ham slices, scrapple, ribs, baby backs, Boston butt, ground pork, specialty sausages (smoked & fresh kielbasa, hot Italian, chorizo, Chesapeake)
- Poultry – Chicken: whole birds, boneless, skinless breasts, leg quarters
Kids Market Zone – It’s autumn crafting fun in the Kids Market Zone on Oct. 18. Ms. Vicki and her pumpkin patch assistants will be crafting with the children between 9 am to 12 noon. Each child will choose a craft to complete and then take the finished project home. On Nov. 1, we’re going to the birds with a fun project to teach children the appreciation of wildlife right in their very own backyard. Ms. Vicki and her creative crafting crew will be making pine cone bird feeders beginning at 9 am.
Kids Market Zone activities are open to all children between the ages of 3 to 14 and are hosted by Holy Trinity Cathedral. A small donation is suggested but not required.
Thanksgiving Market – Satisfy all of your Thanksgiving feast needs at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market Thanksgiving market on Nov. 22. Visit all of the market vendors, including some of your favorites from the spring and summer season who will be making a appearance for this special event.
Community Corner Tent – Now your civic group, club or non-profit organization can be featured under our Farmers Market Community Corner Tent. Hold a fundraiser, sign up new members or offer a demonstration to market visitors. For more information on how your organization can be featured, email us at email@example.com or call 410-641-7717 ext. 3006.
The Worcester County Humane Society returns to the Ocean Pines Farmers Market this week. The no-kill shelter is seeking donations for the following items:
- Dog toys
- Cat litter
- Verus dog and cat food – canned and dry
- Dog kongs – all sizes
- Peanut butter
- Libman mops
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Brooms and dust pans
- Bleach and hand sanitizer
- Dish liquid and laundry detergent
Market Music – “Uke of Earl” Charlie Flagiello will be performing.