FIFTEEN THINGS TO DO AT THE OCEAN PINES MARKETPLACE
Ocean Pines’ most famous tourist spot has to be the Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market! Visiting the market is pretty straight-forward, but there are definitely some great things to see and do while on your way through the marketplace.
1. Take a photo of the market and enter it in the 2018 Photo Contest.
2. Grab a cup of coffee at the market stand of Ethne Coffee Roasters.
3. Try the heavenly sticky buns at Bite Bake Shoppe.
4. Stop to smell some of fresh flowers from Terry’s gardens at Longridge Gardens.
5. Try the surprisingly delicious salmon jerky at Alaska Wild Seafood.
6. Buy a one-of-a-kind product from the many local artisans on site.
7. Take time to enjoy the amazing music and street performers.
8. Get a HUGE carrot from D. J. David & Company, the market’s greengrocer.
9. Sample local made rum and vodka at Spirits of Patriots Distillery.
10. Meet the alpaca at Nuevo Mundo Alpaca and cuddle a baby goat at Goatopia.
11. Find the purple bell peppers under the purple tent of Grey’s Produce.
12. Browse the endless varieties of homemade fruit jams at We Jam 4 U.
13. Take a seat at one of the picnic tables and watch the market go-by.
14. See the Honey Lady at Stag Run Farm for something sweet from the farm’s beehives.
15. Spice things up with the crab salsa from Le Marche Gourmet.
Marketplace Open-Air Kitchen July 28 – Miss Delmarva 2018, Hannah Dukes, will visit the marketplace from 10-11:30am. Hannah is from Laurel, Delaware and a huge advocate for healthy living and clean eating. Hannah will join our Chef Maggie Haren in the Marketplace Open-Air Kitchen for a fun cooking demonstration, then greet shoppers and sign autographs.
Market Stroll with Kathy Wool July 28 – Join registered dietitian Kathy Wool from the Worcester County Health Department at 10am for a guided tour of the White Horse Park Marketplace. Explore the bounty of the summer market offerings, talk about preparation of items available, get menu ideas and of course how to continue to choose and eat healthy food options. For more information call the Worcester County Health Department at 410-632-1100 ext. 1113.
Mark Your Calendar!
- Farmers Market Week Celebration August 4
- Paws & Whiskers Day August 18
AT THE GREEN MARKET
Coming: Summer apples
In Season: Peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon, sweet corn, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, spaghetti squash, eggplant
Pine Steppers Marketplace Square Dance – Grab your partner, and swing around to the marketplace for two Saturdays of Square Dancing fun. Come to watch or join in the action on August 18 (rescheduled to Sept. 8) and 25.