The snow emergency plan that has been implemented by Maryland State Police Berlin Barrack for Worcester County remains in effect Friday, Jan. 5.
The emergency plan was initiated on Jan. 3 at 9:30 p.m.
MSP declares snow emergencies with input from MD State Highway Administration. Once a snow emergency is declared, the law requires certain precautions.
• Prohibited parking on roads and streets designated as snow emergency routes; and
• The use of snow tires/chains (most cars now use all weather tires, so changing to “snow” tires is unnecessary);
Once an emergency is in effect, all requirements are in effect until lifted. A snow emergency plan is put into effect by the County. For updates, visit http://chart.maryland.gov/StormInfo/snow_emergency_plans.asp
- Republic Services will resume services Monday, Jan. 8. Ocean Pines is its top priority.
- Anniversary Sign Ceremony rescheduled to Tues., Jan. 9 at 10 a.m.
- Dive-In Movie “The Emoji Movie” at the Sports Core Pool moved to Jan. 20
- Sports Core Pool and Community Center closed Fri., Jan. 5