Pup of the Pines
The winner of the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department’s second annual “Pup of the Pines” photo contest has been announced. CJ received the greatest number of votes from attendees at the Ocean Pines Halloween fall festival on Oct. 29. He was recognized as the winner at the community’s “A Hometown Christmas” and tree lighting ceremony at White Horse Park on Saturday, Nov.26
Pat and Robert Richardson, CJ’s owners, said the pup loves meeting new people and visiting the Ocean Pines Yacht Club. The Richardsons think his personality make him a good candidate for working as a therapy dog when he is older.
As “Pup of the Pines,” CJ receives a free 2017 Ocean Pines Dog Park registration. He will also be the official face of the dog park and will be featured in the Ocean Pines Activity Guide and other postings throughout the year. Money raised from the contest entry fees will be used for upgrades and improvements to the dog park.
11443 Manklin Creek Road, Ocean Pines, MD 21811
Located off of Manklin Meadows Road near the Manklin Meadows Racquet Sports Complex.
Contact the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department at 410-641-7052 for information about the Ocean Pines Dog Park.
The Ocean Pines Dog Park provides opportunities for neighbors to socialize and for pets to run and play together in a safe, fenced-in environment with separate areas for large and small dogs. The park features benches, water taps and waste disposal bags and receptacles. The park is located across from the Manklin Meadows Racquet Sports Complex, the softball field and the Manklin Meadows playground.
Applicants will be required to read and follow the Ocean Pines Dog Park “User’s Guide” and sign the “Acceptance of Risk and Release of Liability Waiver Form.” Dog owners will receive an access pass dog tag after registration that will allow entry into the appropriate dog area during the scheduled hours of operation. Passes are non-transferable. Dog passes and color will change each year and will be valid from May 1–April 30 the following year.
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
- You enter this park at your own risk.
- You are legally responsible for your dog’s behavior and you alone are responsible for your dog’s well-being.
- All dogs must be leashed until they are inside the FIRST GATE of the double-gated entrance to the park.
- Inside the fenced play area, watch your dog and have your leash with you at all times.
- No children under 4 years of age are allowed inside the dog park. Children under 10 years of age must be with a supervising adult.
- Dogs must be properly inoculated, licensed, wearing a collar with ID and rabies tags, and free of viral infections. Maryland law requires dogs to be vaccinated against rabies.
- No aggressive dogs are allowed in the park.
- No female dogs in heat or puppies under 4 months old are allowed in the park.
- No more than two dogs per person may enter the group play areas.
- Remove choke or pinch collars and head halters BEFORE OPENING THE SECOND GATE of the double-gated area.
- You MUST pick up your dog’s waste promptly everywhere in the Manklin Meadows Recreational Area, both along the walkway leading to the fenced dog park and inside off-leash area.
- Fill in all holes that your dog digs.
- Do not eat, smoke or run inside the dog park.
- Do not give treats to anyone else’s dog.
- Leave your dog’s favorite toy and all rawhide chews at home.
- If your dog seems timid, stressed, overly aroused, or aggressive, please take it out of the off-leash area IMMEDIATELY.
- Any dog park user may ask someone who is not abiding by the rules to leave.
- In case of a dog bite, call the police at 410.641.7747; in the event of an emergency call 911.
For more information about Ocean Pines Dog Park rules and regulations, see the Ocean Pines Dog Park User’s Guide.
Register with the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department located inside the Ocean Pines Community Center at 235 Ocean Parkway, Ocean Pines, MD.
|2017-2018 Dog Park Registration Form||
2017-18 registration forms coming soon – visit the Ocean Pines Community Center to register your dog.
|Dog Park Risk Waiver||
Ocean Pines Dog Park risk waiver form. The waiver must be submitted with the registration form.
|Dog Park User’s Guide||
Ocean Pines Dog Park User’s Guide containing rules, information and resources
Applications and dog tags may also be obtained from the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department front desk located at 235 Ocean Parkway.
Dog owners wishing to use the Ocean Pines Dog Park must register their dogs at the Ocean Pines Community Center and pay the applicable annual fee. Dogs must have updated vaccinations and owners must sign a liability waiver. Upon registration, a dog tag will be provided that should be secured to the animal’s collar . Tags will be year-specific and color-coded. The Ocean Pines Dog Park is monitored and maintained by the Ocean Pines Association and and is a self-policing park. Dog park visitors are asked to be courteous and to follow the Ocean Pines Dog Park rules found in the user’s guide.