The Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department will offer several free physical therapy seminars this spring. The informative seminars, presented by Back in Action Physical Therapy, will be held at the Ocean Pines Community Center, located at 235 Ocean Parkway in Ocean Pines.
- Tennis Elbow Seminar, Monday, April 9, 10-11 a.m. Participants will learn some of the more common causes of the condition familiarly known as “tennis elbow” and what can be done to correct it.
- Posture and Pain Seminar, Wednesday, April 18, 10-11 a.m. This seminar will cover how poor posture can cause pain, headaches, limited motion and muscle weakness as well as what steps can be taken to prevent pain.
- Osteoporosis/Osteopenia Seminar, Monday, April 30, 10-11 a.m. Bone loss and appropriate exercises to help reduce this condition will be discussed.
- Balance Seminar, Monday, May 14, 10-11 a.m.During this interactive seminar, participants will have their balance assessed and learn what factors may be affecting it.
- Back Pain and Sciatica Seminar, Monday, May 21 10-11 a.m. Participants will learn some of the many causes of back pain and how it can lead to other conditions such as arthritis and degenerative disc disease. Ways to reduce pain and increase mobility will also be shared.
These seminars are free and open to the public, but spaces are limited and advance registration is required. To register, call the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department at 410-641-7052.
Information regarding additional recreational programs, including an online version of the Ocean Pines Activity Guide, is available at OceanPines.org.