Healthcare experts will offer information to area residents at a variety of free seminars this fall. Hosted by the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department, the seminars will be held at the Ocean Pines Community Center, located at 235 Ocean Parkway in Ocean Pines.
- Balance and Fall Prevention Seminar, Monday, Sept. 24, 1-2 p.m. Presented by Back in Action Physical Therapy, this interactive class will test balance, teach causes of balance issues and how to improve balance.
- Emergency Room vs. Urgent Care Seminar, Wednesday, Oct. 3, 3-4 p.m. Peninsula Regional Medical Center will help explain which type of facility to visit when seeking urgent medical attention.
- Hearing and How Our Ears Work Seminar, Thursday, Oct. 11, 3-4 p.m. Richard Quartermain, a hearing instrument specialist with Sound Advice Hearing Aid Centers, will discuss how we hear, what becomes damaged in the senior hearing system, what simple steps can improve hearing and improvement with hearing aids.
- Posture and Pain Seminar, Monday, Nov. 5, 1-2 p.m. At this seminar presented by Back in Action Physical Therapy, participants will learn how to assess their posture, how posture may contribute to pain and why posture is more than just trying to stand up straight.
- Back Pain and Sciatica Seminar, Monday, Nov. 26, 1-2 p.m. Back in Action Physical Therapy will teach participants some of the causes of back pain, how these problems develop over time and some simple ways to relieve pain.
These seminars are free and open to the public, but spaces are limited and advance registration is required. To register, call the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department at 410-641-7052.
Information regarding additional recreational programs, including an online version of the Ocean Pines Activity Guide, is available at OceanPines.org.