Current Job Opportunities
The Ocean Pines Association is looking for lifeguards. You must be available to work a flexible schedule during our hours of operation. Excellent customer service skills are necessary.
Lifeguard certification, WSI, First Aid, and other certifications preferred, but onsite staff can certify.
Ocean Pines Aquatics
Administer Payroll Function
• Comply with all laws applicable to payroll, including: Federal, State, and Local tax laws, garnishments and wage assignments; and laws issued such as FLSA, FMLA and Part-time sick leave
• Monitoring of benefits compliance, including the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
• Research and solve root causes of discrepancies in payroll and tax as applicable
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities with the goal of enhancing efficiencies and eliminating rework
• Leverage approved internal controls to mitigate risks to the function, while actively reviewing processes to identify any control gaps
• Ensure that government payments and reports are disbursed timely and accurately
• Ensure that all payroll functions are compliant with company pay policies
• Coordinate the completion of quarterly and year end activities including the distribution of W2s
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive payroll information.
• Prepare accounting journal entries for payroll related transactions
• Analyze payroll expense and liabilities against plan and/or prior year
• Perform a monthly close for payroll related accounts to support financial statement preparation: Ensure proper accounting for payroll and fringe benefits in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; reconcile related balance sheet accounts as a principle means of control
• Respond to information requests necessary to complete the annual financial audit and tax return, and requests from the Department of Labor
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with payroll administration, preferably with ADP
• Experience with payroll compliance and applicable federal, state and local payroll related laws
• Experience in project management and managing work plans
• Computer savvy: experience with payroll and accounting systems, solid command of Excel and ability to pick up new software and technology
Full Time Position
Summer Membership Front Desk Clerk position available (April-Labor Day). Must have upbeat attitude and superb front desk skills. Duties include processing memberships for the various Ocean Pines amenities, assessment payments, issuing swim coupon cards and weekly memberships, filing and other duties. Knowledge of basic office machines necessary. Front desk and computer experience preferred. Busy office atmosphere. Saturdays 8am-12pm are A MUST!
410-641-7717 ext. 3031
Recreation & Parks Front Desk Attendant
The Ocean Pines Association, Inc. Recreation and Parks Department is seeking a Front Desk Attendant who would oversee the tasks executed at the front desk, all under the direction of the Recreation & Parks Director.
He/she would greet, guide and assist Ocean Pines residents and guests as they visit the Community Center for its variety of events and programs.
- Part time
The Ocean Pines Police Department is accepting applications for the position of midshift and midnight Dispatcher/Communications Officer. Weekends and holidays are a must. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, be a U.S. citizen, possess a high school diploma or GED, and have vision correctable to 20/20. Applicants must also have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, moral turpitude or domestic violence. A post-offer physical exam and drug test shall be required.
Starting salary is $13 an hour for non-certified applicants, but may be adjusted for applicants who are currently certified or who have been certified as police communications officers in the State of Maryland. There is an excellent fringe benefit package, including night differential pay, health insurance, 401K retirement plan, plus personal and sick leave.
Applications will be accepted until the two positions are filled. To obtain an application contact the Ocean Pines Police Department at 410-641-7747 or at the link below. Applications may also be picked up in person at the Ocean Pines Police Department located 239 Ocean Parkway, Ocean Pines, Maryland 21811. Please include a resume, reference and cover letter with the application.
Completed applications may be submitted in person at the Ocean Pines Police Department or emailed to email@example.com.Email Resume
DOWNLOAD EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION