Current Job Opportunities
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager
Would work for the Food & Beverage Department of the Ocean Pines Association, including the Cove at Mumford’s, Ocean Pines Beach Club and the Ocean Pines Golf Club.
- Prepares or directly supervises kitchen staff responsible for the daily preparation of all menu items to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing and portion-sizing are in accordance with standard recipes.
- Conducts daily station prep inventory and counts to ensure that all items are in place for service.
- Assists Executive Chef with supervision and training of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities.
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, consistency, cost, presentation and flavor of foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Drafts reports, prepares employee schedules and costs menus and monitors kitchen employees’ time records to ensure compliance with posted schedules. Performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Chef
- Consults with dining service staff during daily line-ups, reviewing specials, unavailable product and tastings.
- Expedites food orders during peak service hours.
- Assists the Executive Chef with monthly inventories, pricing and cost control.
- Manages, teaches and evaluates kitchen personnel and is actively involved in staff reviews.
- Works with service staff to plan and execute buffet set up, logistics and presentations.
- Reports all member and guest complaints to the Executive Chef and assists in resolving complaints.
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements and personnel management to Executive Chef.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
QUALIFICATIONS / JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A two year culinary degree or equivalent experience.
- Three years in a from scratch food preparation position encompassing all phases of food preparation and kitchen operation is required.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions; experience in following safe workplace practices and recognizing hazards.
- Knowledge of safe food handling and preparation principles and procedures for all foods produced.
- Ability to effectively manage all kitchen food production employees in absence of Executive Chef.
- ServSafe food safety certification
- Requires occasional lifting and carrying of items up to 50 lbs.
The Ocean Pines Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer on its year round force. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, be a U.S. citizen, possess a high school diploma or GED, and have vision correctable to 20/20. Applicants must also have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, moral turpitude or domestic violence. A post-offer physical exam and drug test shall be required.
Starting salary is $38,714 for non-certified applicants, but shall be adjusted for applicants who are currently certified as police officers in the State of Maryland. There is an excellent fringe benefit package, including night differential pay, health insurance, 401K retirement plan, plus personal and sick leave.
The application deadline for this position is April 14, 2017. To obtain an application or additional information concerning this position, contact the Ocean Pines Police Department at 410-641-7747 or request an application from their website at www.oceanpines.org Applications may also be picked up in person at the Ocean Pines Police Department located 239 Ocean Parkway in Ocean Pines, Maryland, 21811.Email Resume
Recreation & Parks Program Coordinator Position
The Ocean Pines Association, Inc. Recreation and Parks Department is seeking a Program Coordinator who would oversee programs, leagues, classes, all under the direction of the Recreation & Parks Director.
He/she would develop new programs in areas of youth sports, adult recreation, special events, classes for all ages, as well as scheduling instructors and volunteers for such events.
- Part time Program
- $10.25 an hour
- 30 hrs. a week
- Hours vary according to the event
- Need to be available some nights and weekends
- Some light lifting required
Red Cross Certified Swim Instructors
The Ocean Pines Association, Inc. Aquatics Department is seeking Red Cross certified swim instructors. They are needed for individual and group lessons. The positions are part-time during an evening and/or Saturday shift.
- Current WSI preferred.
- Un-certified applicants with prior swim instructor experience will be considered.
- Apply at Sports Core Pool or call Kathleen at 410-641-5255. Pay rate based on experience.
Bartenders, Servers, Hostesses, Bussers
The Cove at Mumford’s is hiring bartender, server, hostess and busser positions in Ocean Pines, Maryland. We are looking for smiling faces, positive attitudes and team members who have a passion for food and are dedicated to customer service.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to work in a fun and friendly environment? Join our growing team.
The Cove at Mumford’s is a restaurant with a succulent array of menus. The only thing we overlook is the Isle of Wight Bay in Maryland. Email your resume to email@example.comEmail Resume
The Public Works Department of Ocean Pines Association has openings for seasonal Laborers (May-early/late fall). You will be responsible for performing grounds maintenance (mowing, trimming), landscape maintenance (planting, trimming), drainage repairs/maintenance, roadway repairs, trash removal, and other tasks as assigned. Common knowledge of operating various equipment (mowers, blowers, hand tools, etc.) is required. Since this position is mostly outside, it requires working in all weather conditions. Overtime is required during emergency situations.
Please send your resume, along with your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to: Ocean Pines Association, ATTN: Public Works Department, 239 Ocean Parkway, Ocean Pines, MD 21811.
Aquatics Front Desk Employee – Summer
Ocean Pines Aquatics Department is looking for a front desk employee for the summer. You must be 21 years old and you must be available to work a flexible schedule during our hours of operation which are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Weekends and nights are mandatory. Excellent customer service skills and working knowledge of computers are necessary. Please come by the Ocean Pines Sports Core pool on Cathell Road to pick up a job application weekdays 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. or oceanpines.org. Email resume to email@example.com or mail to Ocean Pines Aquatics, 239 Ocean Parkway, Ocean Pines, MD 21811.Email Resume
DOWNLOAD EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION